Image Map

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

When You Have a Shopping Problem...

This past weekend I decided to check out a vintage/antique place that I have never been to before. I have been meaning to go for a while. They only hold the sale one weekend out of each month. It just seems that every weekend that they hold it I have had something going on. 

What makes this place really unique is that it is held in an old, huge barn. 

I did have pictures to share of the barn with you all, but guess what? My phone decided to crash on me Sunday night and I spent four hours working on it the next day and ended up losing ALL of pictures.

So poof! 

There went all of my pictures from the barn sale, as well as the before pictures of my laundry room which I had started redoing/painting on Saturday. 😒 My plan was to share my before and after pictures with you once it was all done. I am pretty sure I do not have any good pictures laying around of how it looked before. I was super disappointed. Life goes on though... the only pictures I have to share with you today is some that I had to re-take yesterday of the items that I purchased at this barn sale. 

I actually went to this sale two days in a row, because vendors restock each day. Which was an unfortunate temptation for me and my wallet... I actually did not do that bad, some of the items I purchased were things I am going to make something out of and earn some profit back on those. So the way I look at it, it was a win-win for me!

As I was walking through the barn I was mostly looking for items that I could make something out of, or items that could hang on my wall (Since my walls are pretty much naked and I have not hung very many pictures or wall decor up since we moved in). I mostly ended up with neither of those general items. That's just how it goes when you have something specific on your mind though, right?

My first purchase was this Hanson Food Scale. I have been looking for an older food scale, and while this one was not quite as old/antique as I was looking for, I could not pass it up for the price. I think it will look good in my kitchen once I find the perfect spot/setup for it...  and it works great as well!


I have an obsession with baskets. Anything to do with storage. I am trying to be more like my mother and become a more organized person. I found a great deal on these antique metal baskets. They were very sturdy. I decided to display my towels in them in my newly painted bathroom cabinet! (See previous post for this bathroom cabinet transformation) 



My favorite thing that I bought was this old ash bucket. I am absolutely in love with it! I stuck some lavender in it and I currently have it sitting as my centerpiece on my dining room table. I brought it outside to take a picture for better lighting. I got a really good deal on this! My maw-maw came with me the first day I went to this sale and she just could not understand why most of the antique metal items were rusty and "beat up" and people were actually buying them. 😀


Those were the majority of my purchases on the first day. The second day I went back and picked up a bunch of pieces for future projects, I found some old windows, shutters, antique pieces of metal, etc. Whenever I decide what I am doing with those I will be sure and post before/afters!

Saturday morning my husband went to help some friends move some things out of their house. In the process I guess they cleaned out a little bit and gave him some really cool stuff. One thing was a 1950's blow dryer. I have never seen one like it! I forgot to get a picture but I will have to get one to share with you all soon. She also gave us a washboard, which I was most excited about since I have been wanting another one!


I also love going into our local Habitat for Humanity as they are always having 50%-75% off sales. I scored this cutie for $6. It looks brand new!


I am still deciding on how I want to display it. I thought it would be a cute Easter display with some dyed eggs and straw on it. We shall see!

Lastly, my latest project was a small project.. and of course I lost my before picture. I scored this vintage mail holder for $3 at the goodwill. I found a picture on Ebay of what it looked like before. I am seeing them go as is for anywhere between $20-$45.

Before (Ebay photo)


& after!




Loving the transformation!

Today is supposed to be really nice and sunny at 71 degrees. I plan on going outside when I get home from work and hanging out with the animals. I believe I will introduce you to them all in my next post. My goal is to get to where I have time to blog twice a week.

I hope you all have a blessed day!









16 comments:

  1. Oh I love the mail holder! Everything else looks great too!��

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love baskets too! I can never have enough!!! :)

    Love your mail holder. I used to have one just like it many years ago. Love it painted.

    Enjoy, Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janie, you have got that right! I am already needing to go and get some new ones for my laundry room I am redoing ;)

      Thank you! I loved all of the details in it when I saw it, and thought it felt very well made so for $3 I snatched it!

      Delete
  3. I'm really enjoying your blog! Please keep sharing your projects (and inspiring me to get off the computer and rescue something).

    Jan in PA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan! I love looking at other people's blogs because they are always inspiring me to work on some kind of project. :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Chasity, so nice to meet you and thank you for stopping by and your kind comment. Love your blog and enjoyed your post about the sale. That would be a dangerous place for me. haha! Your newest finds are treasures. Great ash bucket!! Your makeover is beautiful. Love the color!!
    Thank you for your new following. I'm your newest follower too. Have a great weekend ahead. Blessings xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Celeste! Thank you so much for taking your time to check out my blog. It was definitely a dangerous place for me!

      Hope you're weekend is great as well!

      Delete
  5. I love baskets too. Gotta love a great basket or two or three..... lol!
    You got some great treasures. Thanks for leaving your sweet comment on my blog this morning.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or four or five... :) Thank you, Kris! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. Hi Chasity, I love the places you find to shop . . . the only thing wrong with them, is that I'm not there with you, LOL. I find myself looking forward to your posts and you don't disappoint. Your blog is wonderful! I'm loving your re-do's too . . . junk to treasure is a favorite of mine . . . can't get enough. I think there is just so much more charm in older items and as far as furniture . . . most vintage furniture is made so much better than new . . . unless you have a budget for very high-end. I've never had that problem, LOL.
    Happy Blogging!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, just come to NC and you can come see all of the cool places I shop at! Lol! I am currently on the hunt for a "new" bedroom suite for me to redo for our master bedroom... waiting for the right one to catch my eye. :)

      Delete
  7. Always trust in the rusty and crusty. Looks like you had the same photo problems as I had this week. Love the treasures you found. Thanks for coming over to listen to me rant about my new camera and see my sweet green dresser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Donna, similar photo problems for sure... maybe next week will be a better week for us! Lol. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I wish we had a nice place to shop for things like this around my, but nope, nothing. Love all the pieces you scored and the mail holders new color is fantastic. Which of the pieces do you plan on reselling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawn! I have to travel a minimum of 45 minutes to get to cool places like this where I am at. It is worth the drive though! Thank you, normally I like to paint my projects a more neutral color but I thought that would look good on the mail holder and it was something different. :) I did not share any pictures of the items I will be reselling, but I got some old spindles, vintage ceiling tin, and windows to make some projects out of to resell. :) I will share my finished projects when I get motivated to start and finish them!

      Thank you so much for stopping by!!

      Delete